2016 Needs Met
A sampling of urgent needs met by Operation Share in 2016:
- Found suitable housing for an elderly man who was living in an unhealthy living arrangement in the inner city. Paid for his first month’s rent and damage deposit. Bought him a new bed, plus other items for his apartment.
- Helped fix a bathroom that was in a state of disrepair. Dealt with the mold on the ceiling and replaced the toilet and flooring.
- Replaced a dilapidated set of back steps for a family whose mother has mobility issues
- Repaired a kitchen ceiling and living room ceiling that was coming apart in a 100-year old home in the inner city; the home-owner had little funds or expertise to conduct this work
- Covered the costs of a fence repair/replacement for a family whose fence had been destroyed by a drunk driver
- Paid the registration costs for a young man to enter Adult & Teen Challenge Recovery Program
- Provided new or gently used household items to individuals and families in need. Items include: multiple mattresses & boxsprings; walker; play pen; crib; dishes; etc.